I'm 19 and make knives! *1 Year Update*


These two are a new cleaver/karambit hybrid design I came up with. The top has a desert ironwood burl handle and the bottom is a resin handle with copper flakes in it. One of the main differences between my old knives and these new ones is that I now can etch my name or logo into the blade using an electro etcher. I think that that gives the knife a finished look.




I have been working a lot with pattern-welded "damascus" steel lately. These are a matching set of a Rhino and Tanto with river resin and maple burl handles.



I've also made more kitchen knives lately. It's a lot of fun making something that I know will be used in daily life. This one is a nakiri with a Hawaiian koa wood handle.


8" Chef's knife with a cosmic purple honeycomb resin handle.



These are all micro knives that are around 4" overall. They're a fun way to test out handle materials without worrying so much about screwing up an entire piece of handle material.



Tanto Bowie with a shredded money handle. This material is made from shredded out of circulation U.S. dollar bills that are cast in resin. You can buy the shredded money from the U.S. Treasury so it's fully legal haha!


4" Acid-washed Drop Point with river resin and burl handle.




EDC Tanto with desert ironwood burl handle.






My latest project is straight razors! I'm hoping to finish my first one up in the next week or two. Would anyone be interested in a WIP/tutorial post on how I make these?



About a year ago, I made my first post on here showing some of the knives I made . I thought it may be fun to give you all a little update and show what I have been up to lately and how I have progressed as a knife maker. I am now out of high school and am studying in college. The knives provide a good escape from the stress of school when I have time to work on them. I really haven't added many tools since my last post. Most of the improvement has come from practice and experience.


评论

此博客中的热门博文

How to Sharpen a Serrated Bread Knife with Ease